Now seeking a Technical Director/Audio Technician and a Costume/Props Designer for our 2019 season of Henry V, The *Annotated* Taming, and our Young Company Measure for Measure!
The Technical Director/Audio Technician will be expected to:
- Oversee season setup and strike, with an emphasis on setting up lights and sound equipment in an outdoor venue, but may include overseeing construction of scenic elements
- Enforce safety procedures and train production staff on setup and breakdown of rehearsal space
- Presence at tech rehearsals to facilitate the execution of the artistic vision of the production
- Remain available for all performances to troubleshoot technical elements as necessary
- Work directly with facilities managers when called upon to do so
- Act as de facto manager of all technical departments for which a designer is not contracted
- Act as audio engineer and master electrician
- Attend all production meetings
- May mentor and supervise our production assistants
The Costume/Props Designer will be expected to:
- Work with the directors to create an artistic vision for the production
- Design costume, hair, makeup, and props and present finished design to the production team
- Procure costume pieces and props, with assistance from interns and the Production Manager
- At the end of the production, ensure orderly storage of costumes and props used in rehearsals and performances
- Be responsible for the maintenance and care of costumes/props and costume/prop storage space for the duration of the production
- Work with the Technical Director in the setup of quick change areas as needed
- Be present at tech rehearsals to facilitate the execution of the artistic vision of the production
- Communicate costume changes and quick change needs to Stage Manager
In order to apply for either position, please send a resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st
While Hampshire Shakespeare is a community theatre, the company is able to offer a stipend for both of these positions.
- Backstage Run Crew
- Work backstage during tech and performances to assist with set up of technical equipment, scene transitions, quick changes, and other needs as they come up.
- Sound/Light Board Operator
- Run lights or sound during tech and performances, assist with set up of technical equipment, and be responsible for troubleshooting equipment during performances
- Wardrobe Assistants
- Manage costume care during tech and performances by mending costumes between shows, laundering as needed, and ensuring all costumes are ironed before performances.
- Usher/Front of House Assistant
- Assist with set up of audience seating, direct parking, hand out programs, assist patrons with seating, hand out bugspray or umbrellas as needed, and help clean up at the end of the night
- Note: You do not need to be available for every performance in order to volunteer, although availability for many performances is strongly preferred
- To apply, send resume and statement of interest to email@example.com
- APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling